Beautifully matt surface structure achieved by brush rolling the stainless steel. Roofinox Classic reveals an almost textile touch – beautiful to look at and to touch.
The power of nature is within hands reach – the simple look makes for timeless elegance and endless combinations. We have been experiencing a growing trend over the past few years towards matt and dull surfaces in architecture and product design. We have accommodated this trend by developing the Roofinox Classic surface. This surface achieves a special light distribution leading to an exquisite matt finish, i.e. a very low degree of reflection.
This has been achieved by cold brush rolling of the stainless steel, which should not be confused with brushed stainless steel. This would not be suitable for outdoor use on account of its roughened surface.
The Roofinox Classic structure, on the other hand, is rolled in, making it much more resistant to corrosion. The results in an 88% lower gloss level than a standard stainless steel.
At the same time, the mechanical properties of the building envelope have been optimized, making Roofinox Classic the preferred material for the craftsman.
- 20% softer *
- Lower tool and machine wear
- Four times more matt *
- 88% lower gloss level *
- Higher corrosion resistance * due to special production process
- Best solderability due to special surface structure
- Very easy to clean
- *Compared to standard 2B/2D stainless steel
- Elegant brush matt finish for architecture
- Brushed look ensures a textile feel
- Design application flexibility due to its mechanical properties
- Soft light distribution makes for a more matt finish
- Very low degree of reflection
- Superior brush rolling process which occurs during cold rolling, not to be confused with brushed stainless steel